Pregnancy is a joyous time in a woman’s life, but it can also be confusing because there’s a lot of advice out there. Many women want recommendations that support not only their own health and their baby’s, but also the environment. Most people are prompted to start making healthy changes in their lives when they find out a baby is on the way. However, it is best to begin before conception.
Here are the top healthy changes to make that will benefit themselves, their baby, and the environment:
- Eating fresh organic, seasonal foods can make a difference to women wanting to get pregnant, to the health of their babies and the environment.
- Investing in a Kangen water filter and cutting out buying plastic water bottles will make a difference too. (www.carolinakangenwater.com)
- Cutting out things like alcohol, caffeine, sugar and recreational drug use can make it easier to get pregnant.
- Taking a high quality prenatal multivitamin
- Supplementing with DHA. Fish oils are great options but there are vegetarian options as well.
- DHA has been shown to help with the baby’s brain development.
- Doing a cleanse before pregnancy is a great way start this journey.
- Yoga and rest can help you have a healthy pregnancy and post-partum.
By Tiffany Jackson, ND (www.ecohealthwellness.com)